We found this trio of crafty jack o’ lanterns that we had to share with. Instead of heading out to the pumpkin patch you can make own super cool jack o’ lanterns this year for Halloween. All you need to make these are some balloons and some tissue paper, yep that’s it.
Here’s the how on crafting these jack o’ lanterns.
Balloon (for each pumpkin)
Orange tissue paper, cut into strips
Mod Podge decoupage medium and water
Hot-glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
Optional: Urn, vase, or flowerpot to display pumpkin
1. Download the free face pattern(s) of your choice and the leaf pattern; set aside. (download here)
2. Blow up a balloon and tie it off.
3. Dip strips of orange tissue paper in water-thinned Mod Podge decoupage medium. Wrap the strips around the balloon until it’s covered.
4. When the strips have dried, pop the balloon with a pin and discard the balloon.
5. Cut out the face pattern pieces and trace them onto black paper. Cut out and hot-glue them to the pumpkin.
6. Twist a piece of black paper into a stem and hot-glue it to the top of the pumpkin.
7. Fold a piece of black paper in half. Trace the leaf pattern onto the paper with the dashed edge of the pattern aligned with the folded edge of the paper. Cut out the leaf shape and cut along the traced slit lines. Unfold the leaf.
8. Cut two leaves and hot-glue them to both ends of a 1/2-inch-wide strip of black paper; wrap the strips around the stem and hot-glue into place.