So, I went to Farmer’s Market on Monday to pick up a watermelon. I have been craving one for weeks and also because I wanted to try out some new watermelon recipes that I have. Well, here’s the first one I tied – Watermelon Arugula Salad. I made the salad for lunch yesterday and can I say OMG! It is absolutely delicious. I mean seriously, who knew that watermelon, arugula and feta could be so good together. The arugula is the best leafy green to use for this one, it has a nutty flavor which adds a unique flavor to the salad. Also, did mention it super easy to make – which you know I love!
Here’s the recipe:
Watermelon Arugula SaladPrint
- 3 cups seedless watermelon, cubed and chilled
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced very thin
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh pepper
- In a large bowl whisk balsamic vinegar, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add watermelon, arugula and red onion, toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese, season with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
celebrate life in style…