Pulled Pork Biscuit Sliders
Pulled pork and summer picnics go hand and hand, which is one reason why I am so excited about this recipe. The other reason for my excitement, which I am sure you have noticed, is that we are talking about Pulled Pork Biscuit Sliders, yes BISCUITS. Who wouldn’t like to have a biscuit filled with yummy juicy pork , bbq sauce and coleslaw? These little darlings are a definite change from the ordinary BBQ slider. They’re easy to make, your slow cooker does all the work, they’re filling and will be a hit at your picnic.
Here’s the recipe.
Pulled Pork Biscuit SlidersPrint
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup apple-cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (3-pound) boneless pork shoulder
- 12 prepared biscuits cut in half
- 1 cup prepared coleslaw
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire, paprika, mustard, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Cook until sugar dissolves and sauce is hot, about 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Place pork shoulder in the inside of a 6-quart slow cooker; pour sauce over meat.
- Cook on high for 2 hours; reduce heat to low, and cook for 6 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Remove pork from slow cooker, and place on rimmed baking sheet.
- Using a fork, shred pork into small pieces.
- Pour sauce from slow cooker into a medium bowl, and set aside.
- Return pork to slow cooker, and add just enough sauce to coat.
- Turn slow cooker to warm until ready to serve. Refrigerate remaining sauce until ready to serve.
- Place about 1/3 cup of port on the bottom half of each biscuit; top with about 2 tablespoons of coleslaw and remaining of the biscuit. Serve with additional sauce.
Source – Celebrate Magazine, Outdoor Entertaining
celebrate life in style…