How super delicious and sweet is this Chocolate Pumpkin Cake! It is my own personal opinion that anything made with chocolate is a winner. I mean, seriously how could anyone possibly resist this cake. So, why resist the urge – go head and add a little sweet bewitching and pumpkin goodness to your Halloween dessert table.
Here’s the recipe!
- 1 package(s) (8-ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup(s) (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- 4 cup(s) confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) orange food coloring
- Blend the cream cheese, butter, orange juice, orange zest, and vanilla in a large bowl, using an electric mixer set at medium speed, until smooth.
- Add the sugar and continue to beat until light and creamy — about 3 more minutes.
- Add the food coloring and gently stir until the color is uniform.
- Chill the frosting until ready to ice the cupcakes or cake.
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon cold unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Place 4 ounces of chopped bittersweet chocolate, 1 tablespoon cold unsalted butter, and 3 tablespoons corn syrup in a medium heatproof bowl.
- Bring 1/2 cup heavy cream to a boil, pour it over the chocolate, and let sit for 3 minutes.
- Gently stir, using a whisk, until smooth. Let sit for 3 to 5 minutes, until the glaze thickens slightly.
- To achieve this cascading layer of glaze, gently spread it over the cake’s edge with the back of a spoon or an offset spatula. If more glaze is needed, add only a little at a time.