This weekend enjoy the drink that started it all, The Classic Martini. This drink is classic and simple and perfect for any occasion. Pair it with some delish Smoked Salmon and Clam Spread and you’re all set to start your cocktail hour.
Here are the recipes:
Smoked Salmon and Clam SpreadPrint
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, plus more for garnish
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces hot-smoked salmon, flaked
- 1 (3.66-ounce) can smoked clams, drained
Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat; add shallots, and sauté 2 to 4 minutes or until tender.
Remove shallots. Add pecans to the same skillet, and cook over medium-low heat 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from heat.
Beat cream cheese, shallots, ricotta, and next 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer about 2 minutes or until smooth. Stir in salmon and clams.
Spoon salmon mixture into serving bowl. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with pecans before serving.
- 2 oz. Chilled Gin or Vodka
- Dry Vermouth
- Olives or Lemon Rind to garnish
Pour a little bit of dry vermouth in a chilled martini glass and swirl to coat the inside of the glass. Dispose of excess vermouth.
In a shaker full of ice, gently swirl or stir the gin before straining into glass.
Garnish with olives or lemon twist.
celebrate life in style…